Lioli appoint technical directorWritten by Admin
Lioli football club has hired Lehlohonolo Thotanyana as the technical director of the club. Thotanyana takes over the role with immediate effect and he will be charged with leading and driving the development of Lioli Football Club in all technical matters.
Thotanyana has a wealth of experience having previously coached Lioli and the Lesotho national side. He is currently the assistant to Likuena coach Leslie Notši.
The technical director will work under the executive committee of Lioli Football Club with autonomy as far as technical matters pertain.
He will work with head coach Katiso Mojakhomo and his assistants Retšelisitsoe Lephaila and Thabile Secker.
The technical director will have the following functions:
- Liaise with all coaches in designing and developing training programmes
- Make match analysis and/or assign to that effect and consequently meet for the way forward
- Will meet from time to time with coaches in all deliberations regarding taking the team forward
- Advise the Lioli Football Club executive committee in all technical matters
- Will be responsible in ensuring the establishment of youth within the club
- Shall be responsible for establishing women’s football
- Shall strive for the forging of relations and cooperation with other established teams internationally
- Will be responsible for the playing style and football philosophy of Lioli Football Club
- shall be responsible for the training and advancement of all the coaches at the club
- shall ensure ultimately for the establishment of a fully fledged football academy